To support the Government of Fiji to better manage their infrastructure and government–owned assets, and provide a structured approach for longer term planning for future maintenance requirements.
Appointed as Asset Management Specialist, Team Leader, Essency Consulting Managing Director, Scott Bloxsom provided strategic,
tactical and operational asset management advice and leadership to the project, culminating in the development of a National Asset Management Framework, National Asset Management Policy and Strategy, along with detailed guidance, training and mentoring
of relevant government and state–owned enterprise staff members. Our involvement included provision of services in the following
- Strategic asset management guidance related to developing a structured approach to management of highways and waterways assets. Defining asset registers, asset composition, lifecycle planning activities, treatment types and programmes, performance metrics
- Determining organisational impacts and requirements to adopt asset management principles across Rijkswaterstaat
- Assisting the Client (RWS) to define their required organisational structure to enable new contracts to be implemented
- Leading workshops with both public and private partners explaining key changes required, capability requirements and alignment to government objectives
- Development of standard asset management and maintenance processes across the government to support implementation of the new Framework
- A National Asset Management Framework encompassing all government departments.
- A National Asset Management Policy
- A National Asset Management Strategy
- Guidance documentation for the effective implementation of the Asset Management Framework, including policy and strategy development guidance, asset management planning and lifecycle planning processes, procedures and templates