Senior Asset Management Consultant
– Road Asset Management
Do you want to join an internationally recognised, energetic asset management specialist company?
We are looking to appoint a Senior Asset Management Consultant to assist in the delivery of Asset Management services based out of our UK office.
Permanent Role, 40 hours / week
£40,000 – 50,000 per annum
Depending upon experience
Flexible working hours nominally
9:00am to 5:00pm
The role will primarily be located in the UK, based in Lymm, Cheshire and include a degree of working remotely from home or client offices, with a requirement to travel across the UK or internationally on occasions as required.
Honesty & Trust
Practical Solutions Everytime
Flexible to Match Your Needs
Who are we?
Essency Consulting Limited was founded in 2005 on the principle of providing both strategic and operational asset management services, delivered through a focus on client needs and fulfilling client expectations.
With established offices in the United Kingdom, Australia, the United States of America and Spain, we work with a wide and varied range of clients around the world. Our operating ethos is grounded firmly in the practical and we believe passionately in delivering desirable outcomes for Clients, not just the completion of a Brief. We pride ourselves on developing and sustaining long term relationships and we have very high levels of repeat business. Internationally we are currently also developing expansion opportunities in Latin America and sub-continent region
of Southern Asia.
The company is increasingly expanding the highway and infrastructure services it offers to prospective clients and is continually entering into exciting and mutually beneficial collaborative working arrangements with other like-minded service providers.
Main Responsibilities, Tasks and Key Duties:
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Lead on a variety of Asset Management Projects to transition public highway infrastructure sector service provision to a stronger commercialised road asset management and maintenance environment.
- Meeting with clients, determining their needs, providing strategic advice and managing their assets accordingly.
- Lead the development of asset management strategies, plans and subsequent implementation.
- Development of sustainable maintenance and improvement programmes, based on asset management principles, plans and strategies.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of GIS based systems. Lead and manage projects including data capture, management, analysis and validation.
- Manage the mapping production for asset management systems and products.
- Development and implementation of methodologies for creation and use of
- Manage the creation of road asset systems, including setting up and updating inventories, condition data and programmes.
- Undertake investigations of operational matters and prepare reports as required.
- Coordinate the activities within the project to achieve the specified deliverables for
- Coordinate the analysis of road assets (pavement, street lighting, drainage, bridges/structures, etc.) management related databases and systems.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee’s skills, competence and training.
Skills & Experience:
- A degree in or equivalent experience in any of the following areas: Civil Engineering Degree; Asset Management or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience.
- Working to obtain a professional accreditation with the Institute of Asset Management, Institution of Civil Engineers, or similar professional body.
- The ideal candidate will have five or more years commercial experience in a similar role and be able to provide demonstratable experience of Asset Management, technical consultancy and the delivery of tasks to time, accuracy, quality whilst meeting cost objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A high level of competence developing asset management strategies and plans,
and using Asset Management systems for highways infrastructure owners.
- High level of experience working with highway infrastructure asset management organisations.
- Thorough understanding of Road Infrastructure lifecycle management phases and related business processes.
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of Road Asset Management Systems.
- Strong understanding of asset management requirements and translation of these into strategies, planning and operational activities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organisational and managerial expertise.
- A sound understanding of spatial data structures and fundamental concepts of GIS.
- Asset database design and management.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external clients to deliver high quality outputs for projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team.
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively lead diverse teams;
- Proficient in the delivery of allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Be adaptable and flexible.
- A desire to innovate, looking for new ways of doing things effectively.
- Excellent time management and ability to deal with pressure.
- Clean and full driving licence.
- Experience of working with environment, planning and engineering related datasets
- Experience with working and controlling a large number of evolving datasets
- Experience of Web GIS applications
- Pavement design and road deterioration models
- Knowledge of other road asset groups (bridges, drainage, ITS etc)
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role and ready for an exciting, interesting, professional and personal challenge, please email your contact details and fully-detailed CV.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY >
Please note: Only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.